I’m Christy, a coffee and book loving mom of two beautiful humans and 2 naughty furballs.
I started this blog as a way to add some creativity into my days while sharing favorite recipes, book reviews, and money saving ideas with other women like me.
Growing up I always knew I wanted to be a mom but God’s timeline was much different than I expected. When I first became a mom at the age 34, I knew in my heart that this was the best gift I had ever been given. When I had my second, I struggled juggling a newborn, toddler, full time work, a part time side gig, and postpartum anxiety. I now stay at home with my kids but we had to make some major adjustments to make that happen! My family loves food, so i’m constantly trying new recipes that incorporate more fresh and healthy options. I’m also cutting expenses by doing more DIY and using less chemicals in our home. And i’m always reworking our budget so that we can achieve our dreams but still have a life full of fun memories. Follow along to find out ways i’m making that happen!
Some of the musings you may find on this blog:
- Tips for being frugalish while still enjoying life to the fullest
- Making a house into a home with lots of DIY projects
- Recipes for everything from typical American classics to spicy Indian fare
- Being a mom and the many things that come with that title
- Any and all things Disney – but mostly how to plan a trip to see the Mouse himself
- Books i’m currently reading
- I love Jesus and may occasionally write about my faith and my point of view, however, I embrace friends of any faith and welcome civil debates of opinions.
Per FTC Regulations I would like to let you know that I do have affiliate links throughout this blog. The links provide me with a small percentage of commission but do not cost you anything extra. I (Christy Hoss) am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This is an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission by linking to Amazon.com.
Additionally, whenever I ask for your email address or information from you I will guard it. I won’t spam you and I won’t sell your information. That’s just dirty and wrong, and friends do not engage in such low activities. I am here to build trust and to create a community for all of us to be successful in making our homes. If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at pecansandmagnoliasblog at gmail dot com.