Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I use and love and think you might too. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below and thank you for your support!
My son was on a banana kick for a while and suddenly he stopped liking them. This left me with a bunch of really ripe bananas in the house that needed to be used or tossed! Banana bread is always a favorite in our house, but I wanted something that was a little healthier and could be a filling breakfast or snack for my kids. I looked at my Pinterest boards and tweaked a couple recipes to come up with these blueberry banana oat muffins.Jump to Recipe
Don’t they look delicious? They are packed with oats and fruits and contain no flour and no milk. They are also gluten-free and can work for a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. I used a regular muffin tin and my favorite Reuseable Silicone Baking Cups and they baked up beautifully. Seriously those baking cups are amazing! You never have to worry about your baked goods sticking to them and they are another good eco-friendly product swap for your home!
But do these blueberry banana oat muffins taste good? YES! They are just lightly sweet and the flavor of the fruit is highlighted. I like mine warm, so I had one soon after they came out of the oven. And then I may have snuck one from the fridge for a snack later in the day too. These muffins are slightly dense and should be kept in the fridge for safekeeping. But if you like them warm, just pop one in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. They are a healthy, quick, grab and go breakfast or snack that your family will love!
Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins
Easy Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Reuseable Silicone Muffin Cups
- 3 Bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 cup Blueberries washed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Line your muffin tin. I recommend using reuseable silicone liners.
- Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add the eggs, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Mix well by hand or using stand mixer.
- Add blueberries and gently fold into the batter with a spatula.
- Divide batter into the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the tops are lightly brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Place leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store in the refrigerator.
These are delicious straight from the fridge but if you want it warm, pop one in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and then enjoy!